September 03, 2008

In a Fashion Week State of Mind

So here it is! The week of the first day of Fashion Week and I’m on the edge of my seat, my bed, the stairs…everything! I’m mentally preparing for probably one of the best weeks of my life. I received my schedule, travel and hotel arrangements. I was extremely happy to find out that I’ll be staying at The Muse Hotel. It’s extremely posh and modern, with crisp white walls and linens contrasts by mahogany furnishings and floors. I was also excited because I found out P. Diddy’s protégé Day 26 were staying there during the taping of Making the Band 4, so I know this place is something spectacular.

I attempted to go shopping the weeks following receiving my schedule, trying to figure out what is Fashion Week appropriate; but I was warned that I would be on my feet a lot, so I guess wearing my typical 4 1/2 inch heels is NOT an option. Ultimately I decided to coordinate my outfits with the shows I will attending—accompanied by flats of course. For example, Twinkle is more whimsical, and vibrant, with chunky knits, sweaters, scarves, caps, even tuxedo jackets. However, it is extremely feminine and delicate. Betsy Johnson is fun, colorful, flirty and edgy but still in her own way, sophisticated. So I’m loading my bag with scarves, a tulle skirt, green stockings, and a black blazer! There are more shows I need to coordinate with: GAP, Peter Som, Abaeté, Tuleh, Tory Burch, Carmen Marc Valvo and many more. I am just too excited for this, and I can’t wait for this week to start!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope you bring fashion Week to Life for the world to see! Those of us who can't be there need to feel that we are through your eyes! Can't wait and have fun!

Unknown said...

This sounds absolutely exciting and I am a sucker for high fashion! Wish I could be there to see all the new designs but I can't wait to read more about it. Enjoy and blow a kiss to Day 26 if you bump into them!

Andrew Mahiga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew Mahiga said...

Sounds good hommie. Can't wait to read more about it as it progresses. Knock 'em dead!

Roxy said...

Hi Kinya,

I can't wait to read more of your reports on Fashion Week ... I'm soooooooo jealous, I'd love to be there. I'll be letting all my readers know where they can find you to read all about the goodstuff. We're down here in New Orleans cheering you on and very excited to hear all the scoop ... enjoy yourself!! xo

Roxy

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you too!!! I hope that you get the most this experince has to offer and that you also broaden your horizons with all that you set your eyes on during this week!!!! Try to have too even though its for work!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Its Christmas in September & You have been knighted my lovely brown Santa! Its 2am & im online scouring my fave pages 4 pretty tales of high fashion, & my first stop from here on out is ur page! I've been good all year long so i expected to bel well rewarded with regaling accounts of tailor-fit pants, lavish frocks, & bags & shoes that would make me trade in my first born child! lol! CLEARLY im kidding-i would never expect you to cover all that in your first sitting, start with the apparel then move to accessories. Im serious about the whole first born thing though, maybe mention that 2 Betsey Johnson for me-there's a woman who thinks outside the box!

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone!! I hope you're reading and enjoying the posts I've put up so far!! I'm having a blast experiencing backstage and runway events, bumping into celebs, and getting the inside scoop on what's in for Spring and Summer...thanks for all your support!