September 11, 2008

PHI Fie Foe Fum: Effortless Beauty

PHI's backstage area was really cool. The show actually took place at the showroom, so I was able to see where a lot of their garments are made. There were sewing machines and mannequins everywhere--I don't know if I'm weird or what, but I love mannequins! I think they're really cool!


I had an opportunity to speak with Guido, Creative Consultant for Redken, to get the inside scoop of the hair for the show. It is a very simple blow-dried style, that looks very natural. Guido first dampens the hair and applies blown away 09, which will be available in November, to the hair and then blow dries. "You don't always have to go crazy with you hair to make a statement," Guido says. Duly noted.


Make-up coincided with hair. "It's more about the skin," says lead make-up artist, Diane Kendal, "I want to enhance their [models] natural beauty." She gave the skin a "dewy" look, and applied a soft brown contour eyeshadow to the lid. A thin black line to the eye to look like the model's not wearing any make-up, a tad blush and the look is complete!


The trend I've noticed for hair and make-up these past couple of shows is very simple, and clean. Spring and Summer is all about light-weight make-up and fabrics. No dark eyes, lips and definitely no bright red cheeks. A little shimmer, and gloss is perfect for Spring '09!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her eyebrows! This is a great make-up job.

Maaira said...

Veronica Hearst has contributed in the preservation of the historic sites all over the country. She has restored those places and figures that were endangered.