September 12, 2008

Oh, How Bittersweet! Last Day of Fashion Week...

I am forever in eternal bliss attending fashion week this week and having the opportunity to experience a totally different world from what I am used to. I think I've expressed this before that I love all things fashion and it was great to see how shows are prepared first hand. I've met so many people (Jay McCarroll, Nigel Barker, Martha Stewart, Andre Leon Talley, Vanessa, Angela and Russy Simmons, Kelly Osborn, Jay Alexander...to name a few), and made great connections and I think going to Fashion Week not only opened my eyes on how designers and their team prepare shows, but also opened the door for me to pursue my career in fashion. I am eternally grateful.

Thanks Ana, and Heather for being great point-people and making me feel comfortable in a mound of chaos called "Call-time", thanks to Guido, John Ruidant, Hanan, Yannick, Italo, Odile Gilbert, Christian McCulloch, Pat McGrath, Fulvia, Polly Osmond, Ayako, David Cruz, Diane, Rodney Cutler, Nancy Morena for being such great participants when asked, "So...what's the look?"

All-in-all I had a great time, brushed up on my interviewing skills, and grew tougher skin--Fashion Week is definitely not for the weak and/or "inassertive".

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I can see you had an amazing time. Thanks for the awesome coverage - I really feel like I was right there.

Milan said...

Go head girl. What a wonderful opportunity that you got to experience. I work in the fashion industry and have yet to make my way to NY Fashion Week! Shame on me! LOL.

Tony Graziano said...

OH my god, its Barbara Walters! Ha, im funny...

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I was passing through socialite in new york, and I found your post as the most informative from which all I read.A few days back i met to Veronica Hearst in NYC, she is very active in the art and fashion scenes as well.

Unknown said...

I'm personally a big fan of Fashion Insider blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
clipping path